Data protection guidelines
The GeoStrategists complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. The eight principles relating to the processing of personal information are:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for a limited time
- Adequate, relevant & not excessive
- Not kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with your rights
- Not transferred to countries without adequate protection
We will always follow these principles and ask you how you would like us to communicate with you.
Personal information Gathering and Usage
The GeoStrategists will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, The GeoStrategists may collect personal information when you:
- Sign up as a contributor to or create a profile on The GeoStrategists
- Join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution to The GeoStrategists
- Participate in a survey or provide feedback to The GeoStrategists
Disclosure of personal information
If you sign up as a contributor to The GeoStrategists, we will publish your contributor profile, which may include personal information, on The GeoStrategists.
If you join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution, The GeoStrategists will publish your post, which may include personal information, on The Conversation, such as your name and position. Other than these situations, The Conversation will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- To third parties which assist the operation of The GeoStrategists (in which case we require these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services)
- In exceptional circumstances, The GeoStrategists may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety
- With your consent
Handling of personal information
The GeoStrategists will take all reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Accessing your personal information
Any person may seek access to personal information, which The GeoStrategists holds about that person and we will provide access to that information upon request. There are certain exemptions, which may apply to the provision of that information. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and we may charge an administration fee for granting access to information. Requests to access personal information held by The GeoStrategists should be addressed to email@example.com