The U.S. President Donald Trump said that his ‘fire and fury’ comment against North Korea wasn’t enough.
He told the press on Thursday, “Maybe it wasn’t tough enough.”
The president said that the North Korea had been “getting away with a tragedy that can’t be allowed… North Korea better get their act together, or they are going to be in trouble like few nations have ever been in trouble.”
US Defense Secretary James Mattis, however, has said that the U.S. still wants to resolve the tension through diplomacy.
Mattis said that a war would be catastrophic and the US diplomacy is gaining results.
Donald Trump recently warned North Korea with “fire and fury” that escalated the ongoing rhetoric.
The U.S. president Donald Trump issued an unprecedented warning against North Korea after the U.S. intelligence analysts’ assessment that fears North Korea of having a miniaturized nuclear warhead. The US president warned North Korea to stop threatening U.S. or they could “face fire and fury like the world has never seen.”
In response to the Trump’s comments, North Korea announced to send four missiles over Japan toward Guam by mid-august.
A new statement from General Kim Rak Gyom published by state-run media KCNA said that the Strategic Force of the Korean People’s Army is “seriously examining the plan for an enveloping strike at Guam through simultaneous fire of four Hwasong-12 intermediate-range strategic ballistic rockets in order to interdict the enemy forces on major military bases on Guam and to signal a crucial warning to the US.”